Legal Protection or Legal Aid

Legal Protection 

When you need monetary assistance in a dispute, the main rule is that you should use the legal protection covered by your insurance, if you have an appropriate insurance policy. If you have legal protection, it usually covers 80% of the necessary costs incurred in connection with a dispute; the remaining 20% you fund yourself. Legal protection is available both for individuals and company owners.

Legal Aid

Legal Aid applies first and foremost to private individuals. The State then pays your court costs if they are reasonable. You can apply for Legal Aid if you have an income of under 260 000 SEK annually and you have no insurance. In the case of family law litigation, there needs to be specific reasons. It could be, for example, when parents disagree regarding their child’s care, residence or custodial time. If you need legal protection or legal aid, I will assist with your needs.